- Date/time: November 19th, 9:00am to January 20th, 10:00am
This Rain Barrel Art Project was created to promote the use of rain barrels throughout the Ohio River Valley area via an entertaining yet educational medium.
Rain barrels continue to grow in popularity across the country. However, one of its biggest drawbacks is their dull appearance. Some people are less likely to use them given their negative aesthetic impact to residential and commercial landscaping, even though they conserve water and save money. We believe that producing beautiful artistic rain barrels that have unique painted details will make them more desirable and naturally increase interest to promote their use.
The Rain Barrel Art Project desires to educate people on environmental issues like storm water runoff, watersheds and water conservation.
Here is the schedule for the Rain Barrel Art Project – 2015
- November 15th – January 20th : Artwork entries for Rain Barrel Art
- January 20th – January 31st : Selection of top 50 entries
- February 7th : Mandatory Artist workshop and Rain Barrel pickup (1 PM to 3 PM Cincinnati Zoo)
- February 7th to March 27th : Painting period for Rain Barrels
- April 1st to April 23rd : Rain Barrel displayed at the Cincinnati Zoo
- April 23rd : Rain Barrel Art Benefit Auction