After one of the more ugly races for Governor, Mike DeWine held off Richard Cordray to earn the head seat for the state of Ohio. The greatly debated ballot issue Amendment 1 that would have reduced penalties for drug crimes did not pass with 63.40% votes for no.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Democrat Sherrod Brown won the US. Senator seat by 53.20% over Jim Renacci. Other notable wins were Republican Dave Yost for Attorney General, Republican LaRose Frank for Secretary of State, Republican Keith Faber for Auditor and Republican Robert Sprague for Treasurer.
Nationally, Andrew Gillum lost his bid to become the first black Governor of Florida as he was defeated by Ron DeSantis in a race that may demand a recount. Other races such as the race for Governor in Georiga have yet to be called. Democrats took back the House securing 220 seats, winning Republican-held seats in Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
Of course, President Trump had something to say about the shift.
10 Powerful Quotes From Shirley Chisholm On This Election Eve
1.Source: 1 of 10
2.Source: 2 of 10
3.Source: 3 of 10
4.Source: 4 of 10
5.Source: 5 of 10
6.Source: 6 of 10
7.Source: 7 of 10
8.Source: 8 of 10
9.Source: 9 of 10
10.Source: 10 of 10
- 10 Healthy Meal Delivery Services To Try
- Kanye on ‘Erratic’ Artists ‘We Can Enjoy Their Music,’ Here’s Why Not
- How to Get a Marijuana Card in Ohio
- Medical Marijuana Sales Starting In Ohio
- Man Leaves 2 Pounds Of Weed In Uber, Tries To Retrieve It From Cops
- Alexis Skyy Is Cooking Chicken For Rob Kardashian To Spite Blac Chyna
- Netflix To Raise Price On Streaming Plans
- Alicia Keys To Host 2019 Grammy Awards [VIDEO]
- Watch The First Trailer For ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’
- STORMY DANIELS: Sues Over Strip Club Arrest
Election 2018 Results: Dewine Beats Cordray, Democrats Gain Control Of The House was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com