Ben Cohn is the only person, as he knows so far, to complete 400 cheese coneys at the popular Cincinnat-area chain during the entire year of 2018. Even going as far, with the help of his family, to have a customized t-shirt with “Skyline Coneys” and “400 Club” on it.
365 days, 400 coneys.
They said it couldn’t be done, but he did it.
Ben Cohn, 32, of Harrison, Ohio, loves Skyline Chili. He loves it so much that he accepted the insane challenge of consuming hundreds of cheese coneys before the end of the year.
And he succeeded nearly two months early, eating his 400th chili dog Thursday.
Twitter user @MillironWhitty broke it down, and that’s 1.37 coneys a day.
So let’s start with the basics: Why?
Cohn’s answer was simple. Why not?
It started when Cohn lost a food challenge on New Years Day. His friends wanted him to eat an entire party sub, but it couldn’t be done. So on the topic of food challenges, it was decided he would consume an ambitious 400 coneys in 2018.
Cohn said he would always eat at least four coneys at a time. Sometimes more. He said the most he ever consumed in one day was 10.
“I’m sure the folks at the Harrison Skyline that work the drive thru would be able to pick my voice out of a lineup if they made everyone say ‘4 cheese coneys, no onion, no mustard,’” he laughed.
Harrison is where he said he ate a majority of his hundreds, but some were eaten at Great American Ball Park and other places.
And Skyline has been very supportive. Cohn says to congratulate him on his big victory and thank him for his obvious loyalty, they sent him a gift basket.
READ MORE: WLWT.com
Article Courtesy of WLWT-TV Cincinnati
First Picture Courtesy of TNYF and WENN
Second Picture Courtesy of Sheri Determan and WENN
Tweet and Third Picture Courtesy of Twitter
Remembering Aretha Franklin [PHOTOS]
1. 2016 Kennedy Center Honors - ArrivalsSource:WENN 1 of 36
2. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 2 of 36
3. 102nd White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - ArrivalsSource:Getty 3 of 36
4. Minnesota Vikings v Detroit LionsSource:Getty 4 of 36
5. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 5 of 36
6. The BET Honors 2014Source:WENN 6 of 36
7. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 7 of 36
8. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 8 of 36
9. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 9 of 36
10. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 10 of 36
11. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 11 of 36
12. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 12 of 36
13. BET Honors 2014: Debra Lee Pre-DinnerSource:WENN 13 of 36
14. 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors' on CBS.Source:WENN 14 of 36
15. ArraySource:WENN 15 of 36
16. New York premiere of 'Selma' - ArrivalsSource:WENN 16 of 36
17. ArraySource:WENN 17 of 36
18. ArraySource:WENN 18 of 36
19. Billboard Women in Music Luncheon 2014Source:WENN 19 of 36
20. ArraySource:WENN 20 of 36
21. Late Show with David LettermanSource:WENN 21 of 36
22. ArraySource:WENN 22 of 36
23. ArraySource:WENN 23 of 36
24. ArraySource:WENN 24 of 36
25. ArraySource:WENN 25 of 36
26. ArraySource:WENN 26 of 36
27. ArraySource:WENN 27 of 36
28. ArraySource:WENN 28 of 36
29. ArraySource:WENN 29 of 36
30. ArraySource:WENN 30 of 36
31. ArraySource:WENN 31 of 36
32. ArraySource:WENN 32 of 36
33. ArraySource:WENN 33 of 36
34. ArraySource:WENN 34 of 36
35. ArraySource:WENN 35 of 36
36. aretha franklin deathSource:CS 36 of 36
OHIO NEWS: Cincinnati Man Completes 400 Chili Dogs at Skyline Chili Within a Year was originally published on www.wzakcleveland.com