Gospel music has found plenty of major superstars waiting in the wings. Just as Detroit has fostered a number of gospel superstars through collaboration, so has gospel in general. Here’s a list of some of gospel’s biggest names, who used to be background singers for other major acts.
For example, Tamela Mann sang background for the one and only Kirk Franklin before starting a label with her husband David Mann in 2005. Gene Moore sung background for Kim Burrell before he embarked on solo success. See a few more gospel greats who stepped into their own spotlight.
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
1. David and Tamela MannSource:Getty 1 of 7
2. Isaac CarreeSource:Getty 2 of 7
3. Todd DulaneySource:Getty 3 of 7
4. Gene MooreSource:Getty 4 of 7
5. Sharon AnnSource:Publicity 5 of 7
6. Candy WestSource:Getty 6 of 7
7. Jermaine DollySource:courtesy of Jermaine Dolly 7 of 7
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Background To The Spotlight was originally published on praisehouston.hellobeautiful.com