The show that took television by storm, Love Is, is wrapping up it’s first season tonight on OWN.
When asked how much of Love Is is true, Akil replied, “I’m an artist.” So, we didn’t exactly get the details we were hoping for, but she did admit that a lot of what we see on the show is real. Some things may just be amplified for entertainment purposes.
One scene that got a lot of attention was when Salim showed up to Mara’s job, “acting a fool,” on her biggest night. Akil admits that he did show up to her job and cause a scene, but not on her biggest night, it wasn’t funny then but, “we can look back at it and laugh,” now she said.
The key things that we get so see maybe, “didn’t happen all in that one moment.” In reality they took four months to decide to get married and the show condensed those four months into 10 episodes.
The season finale airs tonight at 10 P.M. ET on OWN.
How These Black Celebrity Couples Met
1. Shannon and Monica Brown1 of 17
2. Magic and Cookie Johnson2 of 17
3. Denzel and Pauletta Washington3 of 17
4. Samuel L. Jackson and LaTanya Richardson4 of 17
5. Courtney B. Vance and Angela Bassett5 of 17
6. David and Tamela Mann6 of 17
7. Viola Davis and Julius Tennon7 of 17
8. Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson Peete8 of 17
9. Tia Mowry and Cory Hardrict9 of 17
10. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith10 of 17
11. Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee11 of 17
12. Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe12 of 17
13. Tamia and Grant Hill13 of 17
14. Nicey Nash and Jay Tucker14 of 17
15. Morris Chestnut and Pam-Byse Chestnut15 of 17
16. Dwayne Wade & Gabrielle Union16 of 17
17. Ice Cube & Kimberly Woodruff17 of 17
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER:
Mara Brock Akil Separates Truth From Art In ‘Love Is’ was originally published on blackamericaweb.comfeed