Tips to make your teen’s prom season a fun but safe time in their life.
Been there done that. Prom is one of the most exciting and magical night in a teenager’s life. Though your teen will probably be focused on looking their best, parents should make sure to set some safety guidelines.
The youth organization Students Against Destructive Decisions and Liberty Mutual Insurance shared their tips with WBNS:
- Drive now, Snap later. Two out of three teens admit to using apps while driving.* Remind teens that using apps or taking photos while driving is just as dangerous as texting while driving. Phones should be kept out of sight to avoid potential distractions.
- Extended curfews mean tired teens. After a long and exciting prom day, teens are bound to be tired. 36 percent of teens have taken measures to wake up (i.e., opening up the windows) when driving.* Remind teens to call for a ride if they’re too tired to drive home late at night, and reassure them that you will pick them up no matter what time it is.
- Passengers on prom night. Energetic prom-goers can be distracting passengers. Speak with teens about how many friends they can drive with on prom night and remind them that distractions can come from inside the car too.
- Talk with teens. Set clear expectations for prom night so your teen will stay safe and you can worry less.
Teen Singing Sensations Who Still Got It
1. Jordin SparksSource:Instagram 1 of 23
2. Monica2 of 23
3. MonicaSource:Instagram 3 of 23
4. Aretha Franklin4 of 23
5. Aretha Franklin5 of 23
6. Little Stevie Wonder6 of 23
7. Stevie Wonder7 of 23
8. Janet Jackson8 of 23
9. Janet Jackson9 of 23
10. Usher10 of 23
11. Usher11 of 23
12. Shanice12 of 23
13. Shanice13 of 23
14. Trey Songz was discovered by record producer Troy Taylor at a talent show in 2000 when he was 16 years old.14 of 23
15. At 33, he has released 6 albums, had several hit singles, won numerous awards and has added acting to his resume. (AP)15 of 23
16. Beyonce was 10 when she recorded 632-5792, performed locally with Destiny’s Child & signed to Columbia Records in 1997.16 of 23
17. Beyonce is 33 and as a solo artist has sold over 75M records worldwide and has earned numerous awards and honors. (AP)17 of 23
18. Chris Brown was discovered at age 13 by Hitmission Records, a local production team. At age 15, released ‘Run It’18 of 23
19. Brown is now 25. His personal life has taken some hits but his professional life is definitely going well.19 of 23
20. Brandy begin entering talent contest when she was 11, released 1st album at 15 and starred in the sitcom ‘Moesha.’20 of 23
21. At 35, she continues to sing and has added a bit more acting to his resume21 of 23
22. Rihanna’s career began at 15 when she met record producer Evan Rogers, came to the US at 16 & signed with Jay-Z. Youtube22 of 23
23. At 25, she has been named the best-selling digital artist of all time and sold over 47,571,000 singles & albums. (AP)23 of 23