“Some say he should had killed me,” says Joy Lane.
The entire situation surrounding the Facebook killer and the people he hurt is awful. One thing that was horrifying to see was some on social media blaming the killer, Steve Stephens’, ex-girlfriend for taking the life of Robert Godwin Sr.
Lane herself felt the hate spewing at her on social media and shared how this unfortunate incident has changed her life forever.
Despite how some of you may feel, the Godwin family took the time to reach out and meet Lane in person for some needed healing.
She told Tonya and Debbie Godwin during the meeting, “I feel bad; the last thing he would have said is my name and he didn’t know me or why he was saying.”
Celebrities React To The Shooting Death Of Alton Sterling By Police
1. Zendaya was one of the first celebs to react on social media.1 of 17
2. Diggy Simmons shared his feelings on Twitter.2 of 17
3. NBA star John Wall simply tweeted Sterling’s name.3 of 17
4. D.L Hughley spoke out on cops wearing body cams.4 of 17
5. Justin Timberlake pleaded for the killings to stop5 of 17
6. He continued.6 of 17
7. Iggy Azalea tweeted for justice7 of 17
8. Nick Jonas shared his thoughts8 of 17
9. Amandla Stenberg spoke on the importance of Jesse William’s BET Awards speech.9 of 17
10. Activist Deray Mckesson shared his disbelief.10 of 17
11. Samira Wiley wants the media to “Say His Name.”11 of 17
12. Karrueche shared her condolences.12 of 17
13. Amy Schumer sent her love.13 of 17
14. NBA star Jeremy Lin expressed his frustration.14 of 17
15. Angie Martinez expressed her shock.15 of 17
16. Bernie Sanders suggests a solution16 of 17
17. Tyler James Williams shared his thoughts17 of 17
Source: News One