1 reads
Leave a comment

Governor Mark Dayton (D-Minnesota), held a press conference on Thursday (July 7), announcing he was appalled over the police shooting death of 32-year-old Philando Castile, and calling for swift justice, NBC News reports.

“Would this have happened if the driver and the passengers had been White? I don’t think so,” he said.

Dayton continued, “I can’t say how shocked I am and deeply, deeply offended that this would happen to somebody in Minnesota. No one should be shot in Minnesota for a tail light being out of function, No one should be killed in Minnesota while seated in their car.”

NBC writes:

The St. Anthony Police Department, which covers Falcon Heights, a community of 5,300 people, hasn’t detailed what led up to the shooting or said how many times Castile was shot. The officer hasn’t been identified, but police described him as a five-year veteran and said he has been placed on paid administrative leave, as is standard in shooting investigations.

SOURCE: NBC News, Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty

SEE ALSO:

What We Know So Far About Philando Castile

President Obama Releases Statement On Police Shooting Of Philando Castile

comments – Add Yours