BET Founder Bob Johnson has popped the question to his longtime girlfriend Lauren Wooden.
The Washington Post reports:
Wooden, a 36 year-old student pursuing an international business-management doctorate in Paris, said mais oui, of course.
The over-the-top proposal was a bit better orchestrated than the first time Johnson, 69, asked her to marry him — on their first date, five years ago. The mogul recalls first clapping his eyes on Wooden, who was then a concierge at the Los Angeles Four Seasons. Love at first sight? “For me absolutely,” he says. But Wooden was more cautious. She said yes to dinner but turned down his proposal that night.
So for his second attempt, Johnson knew he needed a bit more of a ‘wow’ factor and enlisted his pal, Franco Nuschese, the owner of Cafe Milano. “I told Franco, ‘I’ve got to have something memorable — a restaurant won’t do.’”
It will be a second marriage for both. Details about the wedding, which they hope will be sometime this summer, aren’t set, they say. But they’re certain about their feelings for one another.
“I’ve found the absolute, unequivocally right person for me,” Johnson says. “Happiness only begins to describe how I feel.”
Ditto for the bride-to-be: “I’m over-the-moon, madly, deeply, proudly in love with Bob.”
The Most Hated Celebrity Relationships Ever!
1. Kobe and Vanessa Bryant1 of 15
2. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie2 of 15
3. Tyga and Kylie Jenner3 of 15
4. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey4 of 15
5. Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa5 of 15
6. Usher and Tameka Foster6 of 15
7. Karrueche and Chris Brown7 of 15
8. Stevie J and Joseline8 of 15
9. Ray J and Princess Love9 of 15
10. Rihanna and Chris Brown10 of 15
11. Kim and Kanye West11 of 15
12. Bow Wow and Erica Mena12 of 15
13. Lil Wayne and Christina Milian13 of 15
14. Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston14 of 15
15. Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson15 of 15
(Photo Source: The Washington Post)
BET Founder Bob Johnson Pops The Question To 36-Year-Old Girlfriend was originally published on blackamericaweb.comfeed