Bizarre has just reached new heights, ladies and gentlemen!
Apparently a group of people took Kanye West’s “I Am A God” song too literally and started a religion called Yeezianity. According to reports, an anonymous group formed the Church of Yeezus because they believe the “one who calls himself Yeezus is a divine being who has been sent by God to usher in a New Age of humanity.”
According to their website, the “days where mankind must trade his labor for money in order to buy the things he needs is coming to an end. We believe that a New Age is beginning where all people will unlock their creative powers and the competitive struggle for money and power will no longer be necessary.”
“We could be anyone you know, from your mailman to the mayor of your city,” the site added about it’s members, who keep their identities withheld from outsiders.
During an interview with VICE’s music channel Noisey, the founder — who insisted on remaining anonymous — said the responses to his new belief system have been both positive and negative.
“The diversity has been substantial. There have been people who’ve sent me just straight up support—they must like the positive message about it. And then there are some people who’ve sent me a lot of Kanye hate mail, but that’s cool,” he said. “For example, on reddit, somebody posted and said, “Stupidity attracts itself.” [Laughs] But I was like, hey, you could substitute that word for genius or anything else you want. Even a homeless dude sent me a reply, and asked if we could help him get on his feet. That’s why I want to stay anonymous. I can speak to whomever I want with authority, and they won’t know who I am. But on the whole, I mean, people who do and don’t know who Kanye is alike probably think this is absurd.”
So, why follow Kanye? The founder said “he is the most honest person in our culture.”
“He has the highest moral standards and highest integrity. He is the most creative person. And as it’s typical with creative people, he gets a lot of flack from the lower minded masses. It’s not even that they don’t like him, it’s that they don’t know what he’s doing because the press gives it this negative spin all the time,” he explained.
Check out the religion’s five pillars then share your thoughts in the comment section below.
1. All things created must be for the good of all
2. No human being’s right to express themselves must ever be repressed
3. Money is unnecessary except as a means of exchange
4. Man possesses the power to create everything he wants and needs
5. All human suffering exists to stimulate the creative powers of Man
We can’t wait to hear what Kanye thinks of this madness.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery
25 Outrageous Kanye West Self-Comparisons
1. The Many Faces of YeSource: 1 of 26
2. GoogleSource: 2 of 26
3. Soloman NorthupSource: 3 of 26
4. "Glitch" From "Wreck It Ralph"Source: 4 of 26
5. Deepak ChopraSource: 5 of 26
6. Anna WintourSource: 6 of 26
7. Jay ZSource: 7 of 26
8. Leonardo DaVinciSource: 8 of 26
9. Michael JordanSource: 9 of 26
10. Steve JobsSource: 10 of 26
11. Howard HughesSource: 11 of 26
12. David SternSource: 12 of 26
13. Zoo AnimalSource: 13 of 26
14. Jean-Michel BasquiatSource: 14 of 26
15. PicassoSource: 15 of 26
16. Lebron JamesSource: 16 of 26
17. GodSource: 17 of 26
18. BeethovenSource: 18 of 26
19. Michael JacksonSource: 19 of 26
20. Willy WonkaSource: 20 of 26
21. NikeSource: 21 of 26
22. ShakespeareSource: 22 of 26
23. Andy WarholSource: 23 of 26
24. MichaelangeloSource: 24 of 26
25. JesusSource: 25 of 26
26. Walt DisneySource: 26 of 26
So There’s A New Religion Named After Kanye West & We’re Like ‘What?!’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.comfeed