George Zimmerman’s wife has officially chucked the deuces.
According to reports, 26-year-old Shellie filed for divorce from her husband of nearly six years in Seminole County, Fla. today. The petition states the couple “separated on Aug. 13, 2013 and are not presently cohabiting as husband and wife. The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken.”
Shellie’s lawyer Kelly Sims confirmed the reports in an email to NBC News. “Filed this pm – electronically – so took a while, but the documents have been received by the Seminole county clerks,” she wrote.
Mrs. Zimmerman is asking for sole custody of their two dogs and “equitable distribution” of their assets.
During a recent interview with Good Morning America, Shellie revealed that George’s murder trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin put a strain other relationship. She also revealed that her husband didn’t offer her the same support during her perjury case as she did during his murder trial.
“I always want my husband’s support,” she said, adding she felt ”very much alone.”
Shellie’s soon-to-be ex-husband has managed to keep himself in the news since he was acquitted for murder in July. Most recently, he was pulled over by Flordia police and given a ticket for going 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Local Black Fireman Wins Settlement from Discriminatory Lawsuit
- Judge Strikes Down Another Challenge to City Parking Lease Deal
- Mother Of 1-Year-Old Boy Shot In Brooklyn Speaks
- Makeda Pennycooke: Black Pastor Requests ‘Only White People’ Greet Church Visitors [VIDEO]
- Cincinnati Voters to Decide The Future of The Pension Plan
- Sheryl Underwood Apologizes For Nappy Hair Comment: ‘I’m Going To Talk To God & Change The Way I Articulate Things’
- Cincinnati’s Parking Lease Goes to Court……Again
Check Out This Gallery