Renowned producer Scott Storch (pictured left) was recently robbed of $100,000 worth in jewelry, according to the N.Y. Daily News.
Storch and a companion were reportedly walking through N.Y.C.’s Times Square early Tuesday morning, when two men approached them. They then allegedly pulled out a gun, ordering Storch to hand over his jewelry and a briefcase with $5,000 in cash inside.
The gunmen then fled in a nearby black SUV, police sources say. Scorch and his friend were unharmed.
While the hip-hop producer has created a slew of hits, including Fat Joe’s “Lean Back,” Beyonce’s “Baby Boy,” and 50 Cent‘s “Candy Shop,” he has recently fallen on hard times.
In a 2009 interview, the Long Island native revealed he blew through $30 million in six months. Most of it went to feed his reported cocaine addiction. Last year, he was arrested in Las Vegas for cocaine possession.
Storch is currently in town for MTV’s Video Music Awards on Sunday at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
SEE ALSO: Raz B Story Is A Hoax?
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Trayvon Martin Shooting Reenacted In Powerful ‘Stand Your Ground’ PSA [VIDEO]
- A New School Year Begins Today for C.P.S.
- Grand Jury: Pleasant Ridge Store Manager Killed Robber in Self-Defense
- Affirmation: I Will Overcome My Fears
- Shots Fired at DeKalb County Elementary School, No Injuries Reported
- Affirmation: I Will Be Financially Successful
- Mike Bloomberg Says A Son Might Change His Views on Stop-and-Frisk