In perfect symmetry with the racist, flippant, insincere and insensitive rhetoric spewed by George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, his defense attorney, Don West, opened the closely watched trial with a knock knock joke.
Yes, a knock knock joke.
After telling the jury not to hold the comedy routine against Zimmerman if they felt it to be inappropriate, West laid on the cocktail party humor:
“George Zimmerman, who?”
“Alright good. You’re on the jury.”
When the joke was met with silence, West urged the jury to lighten up.
“Nothing?” asked West, skeptically. “That’s funny.”
As previously reported by NewsOne, the jury is made up of six women, five of them White and the other a minority.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Ohio Speed Camera Ban Making Progress Toward Approval
- Sentencing Today for N.C.H. Beating Accomplice
- C.P.S. Approves Budget With Minimal Cuts
- New $17 Million Streetcar Funding Provided by Taxpayers Like You
- POLL: Little Boy Wins Right To Use Girls Bathroom! Is This Right?
- Even With No Blacks, Zimmerman Jury May Be Prosecutor’s Dream
- 8-Year-Old Raises Money For Grandma’s Funeral By Selling Kool-Aid