After being separated for 24 years, a father and daughter were reunited, only to discover the two had been volunteering at the same exact rescue mission for several months.
Amy Roberson, who was put up for adoption by her birth parents 24 years ago, recently got the courage to call her father Will Russell in hopes of reuniting. ”It took a lot for me to make that phone call — I was really nervous, but it was definitely something I felt like I needed to do,” said Amy. “I called just to tell him that I was his daughter and hoping to meet him and any siblings I had.”
Twenty-four years ago Amy was put up for adoption immediately following her birth. Her father Will says he was not ready for fatherhood at the time, but he always prayed for the day he’d see her again. After returning from a day of volunteering at the Phoenix Rescue Mission, his prayers were answered when he received a call from Amy.
- NHN: Why Watching Sports With Men Is Better [Video]
- 23 Potential Jurors To Return Next Week In Zimmerman Case
- City to Court: Don’t Delay the Parking Lease
- Suspect Arrested in Winton Place Double Murder
- Power Back On For Tri-State After Thursday Storms
- R.I.P: Teenager Dies In Tragic Car Accident As His Mom Sits In The Audience At High School Graduation Waiting For Him To Walk Across The Stage
- Michael Patterson: Uninsured Georgia Dad Paralyzed Saving Drowning Girl [VIDEO]