A Long Island dad is now facing drug and child endangerment charges in Suffolk county after cops say he toted along his eight month-old daughter as he sold heroin in Central Islip — all because he could not find a babysitter. Tyreek Langs, 23, was in possession of five bags of heroin, worth about $500, when he and his daughter were brought into custody by undercover police officers.
Officers were surprised to see a baby in the middle of an alleged drug deal. ”Bizarre situation that someone would go to those lengths with complete disregard for a child,” said Det. Lt. James Rooney. ”Anything can happen in a drug deal,” Rooney added.
The mother of the child was said to be at work while the drug deal took place.
A man outside of court, who claims to be a friend of Langs, claims he’s a wonderful father. “He love his daughter to death, does everything for her,” he said. “He’s always with his daughter.”
Fortunately, or unfortunately depending how you look at it, a Suffolk judge has ordered Langs to stay clear from his, something friends say will prove to be tough. ”He would rather be dead, I think, than not to be able to see his daughter,” Langs friend explained.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- NHN: Why Watching Sports With Men Is Better [Video]
- 23 Potential Jurors To Return Next Week In Zimmerman Case
- City to Court: Don’t Delay the Parking Lease
- Suspect Arrested in Winton Place Double Murder
- Power Back On For Tri-State After Thursday Storms
- R.I.P: Teenager Dies In Tragic Car Accident As His Mom Sits In The Audience At High School Graduation Waiting For Him To Walk Across The Stage
- Michael Patterson: Uninsured Georgia Dad Paralyzed Saving Drowning Girl [VIDEO]
Dad Sells Heroin While Holding 8 Month-Old Daughter was originally published on newsone.comfeed