The reports Friday from the Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH’-guh) County medical examiner show cocaine in the blood of 43-year-old driver Timothy Russell and his passenger, 30-year-old Malissa Williams. He also tested positive for amphetamines and she tested positive for marijuana.
Russell was shot 23 times and Williams 24 after a half-hour pursuit involving at least 30 patrol cars. It’s unclear why Russell didn’t stop.
Some community leaders called the shootings a racially motivated execution. The police union says the shootings were justified because Russell tried to ram an officer. Some officers also thought the two were armed.
Williams and Russell each had previous criminal convictions.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Barnes & Noble Closures: 100s Of Stores Will Close
- Did Paul Ryan Endorse Hillary Clinton For 2016?
- Watch Out, Identity Thieves on the Prowl During Tax Time
- Local Man Jailed After Holding a Gun with his Kid on Facebook
- 10 HILARIOUS Super Bowl Commercials Of 2012
- Keeping Black Men, Women Together Starts At Home
- Super Mayor Cory Booker Rescues Dog Left Outside In Freezing Weather [VIDEO]