Spartanburg Public Safety Director A. Tony Fisher said at a news conference Monday that 52-year-old Gloria Yvonne Brackett (pictured) had been charged with pointing a gun and illegally carrying a pistol.
U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy told police he was parked in a church parking lot Sunday night when a woman approached his pickup truck and pointed a gun at him. Gowdy says the woman accused him of following her and ran after him when he drove away unhurt.
Fisher says Brackett had been visiting family in Cowpens. It wasn’t known if she had an attorney.
Gowdy represents the 4th District. The Republican was first elected in 2010.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Remembering 9/11
- Randy Jackson WILL Return As American Idol Judge
- President Obama Responds To Nicki Minaj’s “Romney” Lyrics [Audio]
- Forbes: African-American Women Face Harsher Health Disparities
- Johnnie Cochran Tampered With O.J. Simpson’s ‘Bloody Glove’, Says Ex-Prosecutor
- Jay-Z On Occupy Movement: Vilifying Entire 1 Percent Is Un-American
- Man Stabs Girlfriend Who Told Him She Had HIV