Florida Governor Rick Scott has just signed into a law the drug testing bill, HB 353, which passed the legislature in May after months of controversy. Today, that discussion continues as we examine the necessity for welfare candidates and recipients to be legally drug tested long before receiving welfare assistance.
Take our poll question (either below or on the homepage right hand column) to help us decide what should happen from here now that the bill has been passed. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Should this bill be passed in other states? Do you feel this is another ploy to keep certain ethnic groups down and out within the system? Share your thoughts with us below on the message board.
For more information on the bill and what’s taking place in Florida, click on the links provided.
- Toni Braxton Reveals Decision on Nude Playboy Shoot
- Sade World Tour Heats Up the Scene
- Blacks Actively Use Social Media To Support Important Causes
- NAACP Chairwoman: “The Future Is Calling And…The NAACP Will Answer”
- Health Alert! Vitamin D Lack In Blacks Linked To Multiple Sclerosis