BALTIMORE — The woman who played a Baltimore drug gang assassin in HBO’s “The Wire” has pleaded not guilty to conspiring to sell heroin.
Felicia “Snoop” Pearson entered the plea Tuesday morning during an arraignment in Baltimore Circuit Court. An Aug. 9 jury trial date was set.
Pearson is one of 64 people charged in March in “Operation Usual Suspects,” a joint state-federal prosecution of an alleged east Baltimore drug gang. She is charged in an indictment with conspiring with two men to distribute heroin.
The 30-year-old Pearson was released weeks later on $50,000 bond with electronic monitoring that has allowed her to leave the state to pursue her acting career.
She declined to comment after the arraignment. Attorney Benjamin Sutley says it’s too early to know if the three will be tried together.
- Encouraging Men to Have a Prostate Examination
- Maria Shriver: “This is a Very Painful & Heartbreaking Time”
- Homewrecker?! Alicia Keys Denies Breaking Up Swizz’ First Marriage
- Manager Jimmy Henchman Wanted For Dealing Cocaine
- Hip Hop Mogul Jimmy “Henchman” Rosemond Becomes Fugitive